Friday 1 January 2016

The Whacko Blogs - super-project in the blogging world

It wasn't long ago when I encountered the blogging world of Jeremy Crow aka Jeremy Fink. As he says himself - he's been there and he's done that. But he's still doing it, too, which is great, because it brings us all a massive amount of entertainment. I decided to dedicate the entire post of recommendations to The Whacko Blogs, because there is just so much to say about them. 





Jeremy

The Whacko Blogs - overview

The Whacko Blogging Empire includes the following:


Now that alone is impressive, is it not? I shall discuss a few of those - my favourites, but I strongly recommend you choose the category you feel you like the most and - get reading! (Links included above.)

The Video Whacko

The Video Whacko is one that draws my attention a lot, because the pictures move and they show Jeremy, who posts videos of himself working out. Well, strictly speaking, it is advice on how to do your workout properly, targeting muscles you wish to target (see, for example, his post of 31st December on chest muscles HERE), giving useful tips for gym enthusiasts. His videos are uploaded on YouTube, too. It may all be about getting fit, but also, who doesn't like a man doing physical work? It may just appeal to ladies who are disappointed with Robert Downey Jr getting so thin for the last Avengers movie, and men who strive to get in shape. So there. Check it out. And if it's something that rocks your boat, also have a look at The Health Whacko.




The Quote Whacko

I find this one entertaining, too. Every day there is a new quote that is either funny or makes you think (or both). It's quick to read, and there are cool pictures of famous people. Give it a go every now and then, and it'll help you get through the day. See blog HERE.

The Life Whacko

I find myself going back to that one, from time to time. It's about life, and family, and life again. You know, not everything goes well, but then not everything goes as bad as it could. You can relate and it sort of lifts up your spirits, knowing that people go through stuff, just like you sometimes do. Also, Jeremy comes up with awesome statements, like this one below:


"I have learned to live my life a certain way, and most people don't get it. This is good because living my life the way people understand makes me hate me, and sometimes I think that is the goal of everyone involved. I gave up a lot the last few years and gained so much more than I had before I gave it up." 


The Graphic Whacko/The Humour Whacko

Here we find a lot of posts by Sheryl Rose. It all started when I accidentally clicked on her post about missing socks which you simply must read HERE. I enjoyed it very much and soon discovered that Sheryl also runs her blog Grandma Rose, which I suggest you try. I like her pieces,  because they're funny and engaging - she seems to find an amusing side of everything, including puppy training and the expensive computer chairs.


The Entertainment Whacko

I have been very vaguely following Viggo the cat and his house move on that one (articles by Song Smith). I like the black and white kitty, so I keep going back, but I have a feeling I should pay more attention to this one, as there are film and book reviews posted by different people. So many posts, so little time...

The Others

I feel I still have a lot to discover when it comes to the Whacko world. The Creativity Whacko and the Cyber Novel, the Write Wing Whacko dedicated to the politics (I don't like the subject at all, but I had a quick look at that and, despite myself, I started reading... posts by Nael Noaman, among others, caught my eye), the Blogaholics Anonymous, which is an engaging site, full of tips on blogging... I had a quick peek at The Whacko Blog, and it looks like many return visits in the future.


Become a Whacko

The Whacko Blogs have turned into a brand - a project with gods know how many contributors (some are listed on the blogs' pages). The good news is that you can be Whacko, too - just say a few words, write a guest post - and bam! - you're there. You can find out more HERE. In return you get your blog linked to the site and - more importantly - you become Whacko for life!

Good job

Jeremy and his contributors do a really good job; the more I discovered, the more impressed I was. I can guarantee that no matter who you are or what your interests may be, you will find something to read on one or more of the above. A lot of work went into this huge project, and plenty of teamwork, too. I recommend all that's Whacko for those reasons. So, if you have a few minutes, get yourself any available device and give it a go.

For those interested, also check the Whacko site: TheWhacko.com


Please note: all pictures and video used in this post come from The Whacko sites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment